Integrative Medicine & Career Resources
Integrative Medicine Resources
Students may find these resources helpful to their studies and professional aspirations.
- Integrative Medicine Resources at Georgetown Medical Center Dahlgren Memorial Library
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), NIH
- American Nutrition Association
- List of Integrative Medicine and CAM Organizations
- Center for Kampo Medicine – Japanese traditional herbal medicine
BGE Career Services
Schedule an advising appointment, polish your resume, or browse job opportunities.
Pathway to U.S. Medical Licensure
View the flowchart from medical school to medical state licensure.
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA) – Supports current and future underrepresented minority medical students
- Med School Headquarters (The National Society for Nontraditional Premedical & Medical Students) – A professional/pre-professional society and educational conduit for non-traditional students who seek to become Physicians.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) – Resources for aspiring physicians and medical school applicants.
- Osteopathic Medicine Career Resources
- Latino Medical Student Association – Founded to represent, support, educate and unify Latino(a) Medical Students.
- Association of American Indian Physicians (AAIP) – Mission is “to pursue excellence in Native American health care by promoting education in the medical disciplines, honoring traditional healing principles and restoring the balance of mind, body, and spirit.”
- AAMC: Taking the MCAT Exam – Sample questions, video tutorials and other resources for MCAT preparation.
- Pathway To Medical Practice In The U.S. Flowchart by Federation of State Medical Boards
- Medical School Scholarships Word document
- Pre-Health Shadowing Programs Word document
- AAMC: What It’s Like to Be an EMT
- AAMC: MD/MPH programs directory
- NIH Scientific Focus Areas – NIH Intramural website for exploration of research areas in biology
- The Versatile PhD – Guide to non-academic and non-faculty careers for Ph.D.s
- myIDP – Science Careers – An individual development plan (IDP) helps you explore career possibilities and set goals to follow the career path that fits you best.
- Science Careers – Career search via AAAS’ Science magazine.
- Biocareers – Job search and career resources for researchers in biosciences.
- annekrook.com – A great blog with resources for those seeking careers outside academia.
- BenchFly – Science Career Development Articles.
- National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN) – A nationwide consortium of biomedical professionals and institutions collaborating to provide enhanced networking and mentorship experiences in support of the training and career development of individuals from groups identified by the NIH as under-represented in biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social science research careers.
- Association of Schools & Programs of Public Health (ASPPH)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC)
- Johnson & Johnson: Discover Nursing
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- NutritionED.org: Nutritionist and Dietitian Careers
- National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC)
- American Academy of Physician Associates (AAPA)
- Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry (ASCO)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Guide